What Did You Do? Wednesdays

Calling all fall fanatics, adventurous organizers, exercise procrastinators, perfectionists unable to make a move unless they're certain it will turn out with ultimate precision, messy Marvins, and any other category you put yourself in ~ stop by each Wednesday and share what you did that week. Big things, little things, adventurous things, nothin' much things, somethin' special things....doesn't matter.

Share your just one thing on What Did You Do? Wednesdays!


Monday, June 28, 2010

Flowers From A Friend


I have a dear friend whom I have known for 13 years now.  She is a few years older than my mom, with children of her own right around my age.  Her kids and her grandkids, however, live in other states than where we reside.  Although she and her husband travel a lot, WI is their home base.

I feel very fortunate to have her in my life.  She is thoughtful, kind, fun, reliable, classy and just a neat lady to know.  And one more perk ~ she provides us with much appreciated produce from her garden, including bushels upon bushels of apples from her trees in the fall.

Last night she brought a lovely basket of Swiss chard, lettuce, raspberries and this bouquet of flowers.  Little did she know that a few days before I refrained from buying a bunch of flowers at a farmer's market because I didn't want to spend the money, even though I knew how pretty they'd look on our kitchen table and how much the girls seem to like them.


I hope you all have a friend, a 2nd Mom, a Grandmother figure or other kind soul in your lives to bring you flowers unexpectedly like I do.  If not, consider these yours. Thank you for reading along. I appreciate having you!


And thank you, Barb!

4 comments:

twirling betty said...

What a lovely surprise. You are lucky indeed to have someone like that in your life. Someone who makes the planet a lovelier place to live.

LollyChops said...

What a completely lovely gift! The world needs more people like your friend!

HUGS!

w said...

those are gorgeous. i'm very blessed to have friends. and you know, they send me flowers once in a while, too!

Holly Lefevre said...

Gorgeous. You are a lucky lady to have such a woman in your life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails