What Did You Do? Wednesdays

Calling all fall fanatics, adventurous organizers, exercise procrastinators, perfectionists unable to make a move unless they're certain it will turn out with ultimate precision, messy Marvins, and any other category you put yourself in ~ stop by each Wednesday and share what you did that week. Big things, little things, adventurous things, nothin' much things, somethin' special things....doesn't matter.

Share your just one thing on What Did You Do? Wednesdays!


Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today my husband & I are celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. The 7 year itch, you ask? Hardly. We met in 1996, & have been together as a couple since 1999. He's been my rock, my cheerleader & my best friend.

Ty ~ If only our vows wouldn't have gotten lost in the shuffle after our ceremony, I would repeat them word for word today. But in a declaration a lot less eloquent, I have prepared a special poem for you.

It's been 7 years though it seems like many more,
Through ups & downs, it has never been a bore.

We've moved across country, our encounters so varied,
You've kept calm & loving even when I got harried.

Out-of-town home buying, we managed at best.
Viewed twelve houses per day, now that was a test.

Baby girl number one arrived with her eyes open wide;
I knew how you held her that she was your pride.

Moving back home was such a relief,
I knew you could get us here. That was my belief.

Girl number two came with such stress,
Two years later she's our goofball princess.

So today I thank you, with all of my heart.
Your love & support I could never part.


The Lovely Couple


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 7th anniversary! C.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails