What Did You Do? Wednesdays

Calling all fall fanatics, adventurous organizers, exercise procrastinators, perfectionists unable to make a move unless they're certain it will turn out with ultimate precision, messy Marvins, and any other category you put yourself in ~ stop by each Wednesday and share what you did that week. Big things, little things, adventurous things, nothin' much things, somethin' special things....doesn't matter.

Share your just one thing on What Did You Do? Wednesdays!


Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reviving Markers


I know you all have those mounds of markers, some of which the kids didn't quite get the caps back on tightly. I did a full-fledged marker clean up and sort-through about a year ago, but since the girls had recently imbibed in a marker fest, I grabbed their stash (Oh yes, I keep my coveted collection separate. One should never mess with my office supplies.) from the kitchen table and ditched those that had served their time. For those that needed some help, I breathed a little life back in them.

Heat a small amount of water (I think there was about 1/4 cup in here) in microwave safe glassware until quite warm (not boiling!). Dip your ailing marker in the water for about one circle's worth of "swish time". Put the cover back on the market, wipe any excess color that might have oozed out, and that's it! Just let them sit for a while unused, and you will be pleasantly surprised next time you use them. Consider yourself a healer.



Rejoice in Marker Revival

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Great tip and something I forget to try sometimes. Another tip I've learned is with sharpie markers and paint pens...if you store them standing up with the tip towards the floor, it will help the ink flow towards the tip and they will work much better even when you think they're ready to trash. This worked great on my silver sharpies that I almost threw out.

greetingarts said...

Oh! Oh! My frugal, color-loving heart hurts! I just *finally* threw away about two dozen markers last week after keeping them around for months. Sigh. Next time, I'll know what to do. Thanks.

Lyssa Beth said...

Thanks for the tip! I don't know how many markers that I've had to throw out from my girls leaving the caps off!
Next time, I will be smarter than the average marker!

Jenny said...

Great tip! I also use the method posted in comment 1 for my dry erase markers. They have come back to life several times!

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

This is a great tip!! It is better than licking the markers which is what I usually do...I know totally gross!! Thanks for sharing!

I would love for you to link this idea at my Spring has Spring Party on Friday.

Hoosier Homemade said...

Great tip! Thanks for sharing!
I'm visiting from Tip Junkie!
~Liz

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

Thanks for linking this up to the Spring has Sprung Party at Fun to Craft!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails