What Did You Do? Wednesdays

Calling all fall fanatics, adventurous organizers, exercise procrastinators, perfectionists unable to make a move unless they're certain it will turn out with ultimate precision, messy Marvins, and any other category you put yourself in ~ stop by each Wednesday and share what you did that week. Big things, little things, adventurous things, nothin' much things, somethin' special things....doesn't matter.

Share your just one thing on What Did You Do? Wednesdays!


Sunday, January 17, 2010

University Training

Once upon a time my husband was a physics professor, which gave me the opportunity to experience two contrasting universities not as a student, but as a "pseudo faculty" member. I have liked the feel of the colleges I've experienced, as both a student and visitor.

During the last two years of my first undergraduate degree, I worked in the admissions office....liked that. Lots of paperwork involved. I also served as a tour guide for families interested in attending my alma mater....tons of fun. There sure are interesting dynamics in groups. Finally, representing the university operations department, I had a wonderful time as an attendant at the information desk. Need help finding a tutor? Allow me to assist. Want to carpool for a trip home? I'll check the ride board for you. Don't have a clue how to cash a check? Oh boy, pity that kid, but nonetheless, let me show you. I answered everything from how long to hard boil an egg to what I thought the next right answer would be on Wheel of Fortune. Important stuff here, as you can tell. But really, I loved it. Information Queen at your service. I often thought I would have made a great private detective. I can find out anything, and I enjoy the challenge. And really, no one would ever take me for P.I.

I have friends who have graduated from Ivy League schools, friends who have gone through state universities, and friends who have received their specialized degrees in community colleges. I like that we all have different interests and abilities. Lately I've wondered what type of higher education specialty training I might be able to offer if I were dean of a college. This is the list I have established.

BLESS U (Religious Studies)
EXCUSE U (Manners/Etiquette)
HAY U (Farming)
KNOT U (Massage Therapy)
FORGET U (Memory Enhancement)
SCREW U (Carpentry)
SEE U (Optometry/Ophthalmology)

The admissions offices are now open.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails